This course provides information on how organisations can identify, prevent and control infections in the workplace. Candidates will learn how infections occur and spread within the workplace. The course will further illuminate how to write as well as enforce IPC policies and risk assessments. The roles of management and staff will be discussed and standard hygiene precautions will also be examined within the course framework.
At the end of this course, the candidate will be able to:
- Identify the causes of infection
- Ascertain the chains of infection
- Understand how infections spread
- Minimise the spread of infection
- Develop IPC risk assessments and policies